Spurs v Palace – travel information
Posted on 3 November 2017 – 11:00 Information including rail times/engineering work on Greater Anglia services and roadworks for fans travelling to Wembley Stadium, connected by EE, for Sunday’s Premier League match against Crystal Palace.
A reminder to all supporters that we kick-off at 12noon on Sunday.
Please note details of engineering works for fans using Greater Anglia services and road works near to the stadium. AVOID QUEUES – ARRIVE EARLY! We recommend all fans arrive at a Wembley transport hub no later than 90 minutes before kick-off. For example, from arriving at Wembley Park station to being through all increased security checks will take in the region of 45 minutes . These increased security procedures have been in place for some time and they will not be reduced or compromised in the event of queues forming before kick-off.
WEMBLEY STADIUM IS A PUBLIC TRANSPORT DESTINATION
We would recommend all supporters attending the match visit www.wembleystadium.com to get more information about travelling to the stadium, or download the Stadium Mobile App which provides a dedicated journey planner and live travel information.
More information about the various transport hubs can be found below.
As a public transport destination, the stadium is served by several major transport connections. It is an easy 10-minute walk from Wembley Park station, 12 minutes from Wembley Central station and very close to Wembley Stadium station.
All stations have direct services from Central London and connections beyond.
Wembley Park station Wembley Park underground station is served by both the Metropolitan and Jubilee Lines. On arrival at Wembley Park, stairs from the ticketing hall will guide you down onto Olympic Way from where the stadium will be clearly visible. A 10-minute walk will bring you to the front of the stadium.
Wembley Central station This station has both Underground and Overground services. It is served by the Bakerloo Underground line, London Overground and national rail services, and connects to stations including Euston, Watford Junction and Willesden Junction.
Wembley Stadium station Wembley Stadium station is on the Chiltern train line. This line services the Midlands, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire. London trains on this line depart from Marylebone station. On arrival at the station, the stadium will be clearly visible. Lifts or stairs will take you from the platforms up onto street level. LONDON UNDERGROUND INFO – SPURS v CRYSTAL PALACE
Wembley Park Enhanced Metropolitan Line services. Normal Jubilee Line services. Planned works on the Metropolitan Line are postponed.
Wembley Stadium Chiltern are offering enhanced matchday services.
Wembley Central Normal Bakerloo Line, Southern, and Overground services. ARRIVING BY CAR
We strongly advise against driving to the stadium as there will be no parking available at the stadium or in the surrounding streets.
The limited parking spaces at the stadium are reserved for coaches, disabled visitors and event owners and are all pre-booked.
Brent Council operates a Wembley Stadium Event Day Protective Parking Scheme in all roads within an approximate 1.5 mile radius of the stadium. Operational on major event days only, the scheme is designed to minimise disruption and protect local residents and businesses from illegal parking from visitors to the stadium.
This means any visitors driving to events at Wembley Stadium will NOT be able to park in the surrounding streets. Brent Council has made it clear that illegally parked vehicles will be issued with large parking fines and will also be towed away.
In addition, Metropolitan Police may have security measures on approach roads on major event days which may also hinder a journey by car. ROADWORKS – SPURS v CRYSTAL PALACE
Fans driving to Sunday’s match should be aware of emergency water treatment works in the ‘Triangle’, High Road/Harrow Road, at the east side of the stadium. Eastbound traffic will be diverted via the A4089 (Park Lane). YELLOW CAR PARK – SPURS v CRYSTAL PALACE
Please note, due to the build of the MTV Village on the Yellow Car Park site in preparation for the MTV EMAs, spaces in the Yellow Car Park are restricted, with many relocated to car parking at York House (located at 21, Empire Way, HA9 0PX) – those supporters affected will have been notified by Wembley.
Take a look at the car park lay-out at Wembley HERE. PARK & RIDE
For information and availability on Park & Ride/tube/train opportunities please refer to the stadium’s ‘Getting to Wembley’ page HERE… RAIL INFORMATION – SPURS v CRYSTAL PALACE
Greater Anglia have advised us of the following engineering works affecting services on Sunday:
– Cambridge and Stansted Airport services will be diverted via Seven Sisters to Liverpool Street
– Hertford East services will terminate at Broxbourne and connect into train towards Liverpool Street
– Stations Waltham Cross to Tottenham Hale will be closed and customers are advised to use the nearest London Overground station between Theobalds Grove and Seven Sisters
– Southend Victoria services will terminate at Billericay with a rail replacement service to Newbury Park connecting into the Central line toward London
– Ipswich, Clacton-on-Sea and Norwich services will terminate at Ingatestone with a rail replacement service to Newbury Park connecting into the Central line towards London Here are the post-match departures from Liverpool Street towards Cheshunt and beyond: 14:40 Stansted Airport (1453 Seven Sisters) 14:43 Cambridge (1457 Seven Sisters) 14:55 Stansted Airport (1508 Seven Sisters) 15:10 Stansted Airport (1523 Seven Sisters) 15:13 Cambridge (1527 Seven Sisters) 15:25 Stansted Airport (1538 Seven Sisters) 15:28 Hertford East (1541 Seven Sisters) 15:40 Stansted Airport (1553 Seven Sisters)15:43 Cambridge (1557 Seven Sisters)15:55 Stansted Airport (1608 Seven Sisters)15:58 Bishop’s Stortford (1611 Seven Sisters)16:10 Stansted Airport (1623 Seven Sisters)16:13 Cambridge (1627 Seven Sisters)16:25 Stansted Airport (1638 Seven Sisters) Please check Greater Anglia’s website greateranglia.co.uk for more timetable details and for service updates, follow Greater Anglia on Twitter via @greateranglia. Share this story
Spurs v Palace – travel information